Dear Kitchener Descendants,
I am an MA student at King’s College London in the Digital Humanities department, exploring community archives (like this group!), which focus on different aspects of the Holocaust. You may also know me as the Digital Asset Manager at The Wiener Holocaust Library so it’s likely we’ve exchanged emails or seen each other if you’ve attended an event at Russell Square.
For the purposes of my dissertation I’m particularly interested in finding out:
- Why you chose to contribute to the Kitchener Camp Descendants group
- What you hope to get out of participating
- Whether you’ve been involved in other heritage/archiving projects
- How aware you are of similar projects
- How in your view traditional archives can better assist with ensuring the success of projects like Kitchener Camp
- Your views on Holocaust memorialisation more generally
While this project ultimately contributes to my degree, I’m also hoping the results will help inform decisions at The Wiener Library more generally. As you know the Library took over the running of this site from Clare earlier this year and it’s useful for us to know what motivated you to participate, the importance of the project to its contributors and what you would ultimately like for the site to become.
I’d be very grateful if you would share your views in this survey. It should take less than 10 minutes to do so.
Please do get in touch if you’d like to discuss anything in more detail or if you have any issues with completing the survey.
My contact details are: